Irish Emergency Services RPC Privacy Notice
Irish Emergency Services RPC is an independent, not-for-profit organisation and is in no way affiliated with any real-life police force. This Privacy Notice will explain how our organization uses the personal data we collect from you when you use our website.
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- Data Processor
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- Changes to our Privacy Notice
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
Irish Emergency Services RPC collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, password, email address, date of birth, Steam ID, GTA game licence ID, Discord ID, TeamSpeak Unique Identifier, IP address)
- Information about how you interact with the website's functions, such as login attempts and unauthorized access attempts. This is strictly limited to functional interaction with the website.
- Information you enter into the website's members only area, such as comments or incidents you enter into the system.
- Information about your professional conduct while you are a member of our organisation.
- Information made publically available by FiveM servers when you (attempt to) connect to our organisation's FiveM server or a related FiveM server (Username, Steam ID, GTA game licence ID, Discord ID, TeamSpeak Unique Identifier, IP address, Windows Live ID, Xbox Live ID).
- Information you transmit through our FiveM, TeamSpeak and Discord servers, including audio and video messages.
- Send you SMS notifications about your website account and applications to your phone number. We may also use this to contact you in a very limited number of circumstances, (e.g in relation to your activity within our organization). You verify you own and have permission to receive SMS messages on the phone number you submit.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Irish Emergency Services RPC with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Create an account.
- Log into the website and use the members only area.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- Submit information, such as comments, forms or incident details, via the website.
Irish Emergency Services RPC may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Our organisation's FiveM server.
- FiveM servers that are related to our organisation's FiveM server.
- Our organisation's TeamSpeak and Discord servers.
How will we use your data?
When you create an account, Irish Emergency Services RPC collects your data so that we can:
- Allow you to securely log into your website account.
- Allow you access to our organisation's FiveM server, TeamSpeak server and private Discord server ('whitelisting') if you are a full member.
- Determine whether you meet our rules and the suitability criteria for being a member of our organisation.
- Publish media about our gaming activities.
- Send you functional messages about our website and update notifications about your website account to your Discord account, such as for resetting passwords and form update notifications.
- Optionally and with your consent, send you SMS notifications about your website account and applications to your phone number. You can adjust your consent at any time through your website profile.
It is within the legitimate interests of our organisation to use your data to identify the source of any activities performed on our website, mainly for the purposes of auditing malicious actions.
If it is reasonably believed that you have committed a criminal offence or engaged in any "conduct matter" within the meaning of Section 60 Garda Siochana Act 2005, whether or not while using our services, your personal data may be shared with the appropriate law enforcement authority. It is in the legitimate interest of our organization and in the public interest to do so. Furthermore, exemptions as specified in Section 55 of the Data Protection Act 2018 may apply in such a case.
It is within the legitimate interests of our organisation to indirectly collect publicly available data from FiveM servers that are related to our organisation's FiveM server. This is so that our organisation can determine any previous membership, activity and conduct with related organisations. This information is used if you apply to be a member with our organisation.
If you apply to become a full member of our organisation, basic checks may be conducted to ensure you meet our rules and suitability criteria. One of these criteria is that you are not a member of a closely related organisation. Therefore, some of your personal identification information may be shared with a closely related organisation to determine if you are currently a member there or have been in the past and determine the nature of your professional conduct during your membership there. Similarly, if such a closely related organisation contacts our organisation with your personal identification information, details about your membership with our organisation and your conduct will be disclosed if the request is deemed proportionate and suitable. The following organisations are currently considered to be closely related organisations with which information will be shared in this manner:
This list may be updated in future.
Please note that your Discord account will be given a membership role on our public Discord server, through which it may be determined that you are a member.
How do we store your data?
Irish Emergency Services RPC securely stores your data using DigitalOcean servers based in London. Passwords are securely hashed before being stored and no one has access to your plaintext password. To allow suitable members full access to our organisation's FiveM server ('whitelisting'), pseudonymisation is used and only essential game identifiers and your membership status are securely transmitted to our FiveM server. Members of our organisation that hold a high rank are given access to part of your data through the website to perform their expected duties, such as giving you access to our FiveM server or a training document or viewing or adding details about poor conduct. They never have access to your password. Such members with additional access to your personal data are required to take more stringent account security measures than a normal user to help prevent any data breaches.
If you create an account with our organisation, Irish Emergency Services RPC will ordinarily keep your data for 36 months after you last log into you account. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your account by removing it from our database as part of a scheduled cleanup.
An exception to this occurs when your conduct has fallen below the expected standard. Details of such conduct are retained as long as our organisation continues to exist, as this is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected. Your personal identification information, except your password and date of birth, is linked to the details of such conduct and are also retained, as this is in the legitimate interest of our organisation. The legimitate interest in both the previous cases is that our organisation can make a more informed decision as to whether to accept you as member again should you wish to rejoin. Furthermore, as described in the previous section, details about your conduct may be disclosed to closely related organisations.
Publicly available data, indirectly collected from FiveM servers that are related to our organisation's FiveM server, about your connections to those servers will ordinarily be kept for 12 months after the date of the connection. This is a suitable and proportionate time period for the purposes for which the data was collected (see previous section). Once this time period has expired, we will delete such data by removing it from our database as part of a scheduled cleanup.
This website and the relevant systems are provided as a service by Albo1125 for us. Albo1125 thus is a data processor for your personal data. Albo1125 will only acccess and use your personal data to ensure the website and the relevant services can be optimally delivered to us.
Irish Emergency Services RPC will never collect or share your personal data for marketing and advertising purposes.
What are your data protection rights?
Irish Emergency Services RPC would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Irish Emergency Services RPC for copies of your personal data. You can download a copy of most of your personal data through your profile in JSON format. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Irish Emergency Services RPC correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Irish Emergency Services RPC to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Irish Emergency Services RPC erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Irish Emergency Services RPC restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Irish Emergency Services RPC’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Irish Emergency Services RPC transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, preferably contact a member of the administration team via our public Discord server at: https://discord.gg/4E6DZYk Alternatively, email us. You can download a copy of most of your personal data through your profile in JSON format.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you logged in
- Enabling you to use core functions of our website
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Strictly necessary cookies – Irish Emergency Services RPC uses these cookies to enable you to browse the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. These cookies are session cookies.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features will not properly function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
The Irish Emergency Services RPC website contains links to other websites. Our Privacy Notice applies only to our website, so if you click on a link to another website, you should read their Privacy Notice.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
How to contact us
If you have any questions about Irish Emergency Services RPC’s Privacy Notice, the data we hold on you, or you would like to exercise one of your data protection rights, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Preferably, please contact a member of the administration team via our public Discord server at: https://discord.gg/4E6DZYk
Alternatively, email us.
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Irish Emergency Services RPC has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Data Protection Commissioner.
Website with contact details: https://www.dataprotection.ie/